June 1900

[Scottish Railway Incidents (1900) Contents]

   ACCIDENT. – On Tuesday forenoon, while Robert Davidson, platelayer, Cove, was engaged unloading rails from a wagon at Drumlithie one of the rails accidentally fell on his right leg, severely crushing it below the knee. He was taken to Aberdeen by train, and afterwards conveyed to the Royal Infirmary, where his injuries were attended to. 

– Montrose, Arbroath and Brechin Review; and Forfar and Kincardineshire Advertiser, Friday 1st June, 1900, p.3.





   An accident, unhappily attended with a fatal result, occurred yesterday evening at the railway station. When the 4.30 p.m. train from Glasgow Central was approaching the station a passenger was observed to open the door of the carriage in which he had been seated and to get on to the footboard. In the act of alighting, while the train was in motion, his foot got caught, and he was dragged along the platform for a considerable distance, and before help could reach him he had fallen on to the line. When picked up the young man, William John McAlindon (25), spirit salesman, residing at 41 Abercrombie Street, Glasgow, was found to have been fearfully mutilated in the lower part of the body. He was carried to the room of Mr McGregor, stationmaster, and Dr Miller arrived early, but it was apparent that nothing could be done for the unfortunate passenger, who died soon after the occurrence. Inspector Craig of the local police was present, and in the course of the evening the remains were coffined and removed to the house of the friend in Ropework Lane whom McAlindon and his wife were about to visit. The accident caused much excitement at the station. 

– Greenock Telegraph and Clyde Shipping Gazette, Friday 1st June, 1900, p.2.

   RAILWAY ACCIDENT. – What might have been a serious accident took place at Larbert Station on Monday evening, when a composite carriage, attached to the 4.13 P.M. train ex Perth for Glasgow, left the rails just as the train was leaving Larbert Station at 5.40. The carriage was the last one on the train, and contained nine passengers, and it is supposed that by some reason or other the carriage had failed to take the points properly, but the guard’s van kept the rails, although the carriage was overturned on its side. Fortunately, none of the passengers were seriously injured, and all were able to proceed by the train. A break-down gang speedily arrived from Stirling, and the carriage was got on the rails and dispatched by eight o’clock. Little damage was done to the permanent way. 

– Falkirk Herald, Saturday 2nd June, 1900, p.5.



   The infant son of Alexander Edwards, signalman, was killed on the railway at Monifieth Station on Saturday afternoon. 

   John Sinclair (24), a shunter in the employment of the Caledonian Railway Company, residing at 11 Murieston Crescent, Edinburgh, was knocked down on Saturday forenoon by a passenger train at Dundee Street railway siding, and instantaneously killed. 

   Andrew Wilson, a surfaceman employed by the North British Railway Company at Haymarket West, was, while engaged at his work on Saturday, knocked down by an engine. He was taken to the Royal Infirmary, where he succumbed to his injuries. 

– Fife Free Press & Kirkcaldy guardian, Saturday 2nd June, 1900, p.6.

   ACCIDENT AT THE STEEL WORKS. – On Tuesday evening, Robt. Reid, engine driver, 4 Academy Street, Berryhill, met with a serious accident within the works of the Glasgow Iron & Steel Coy., Ltd. He had been acting temporarily as a brakesman, and at the time of the accident an engine was drawing a train of waggons out of No. 5 iron ore siding. Reid was standing on the ore, and in making to jump on to one of the waggons his foot slipped and he fell in front of the last waggon, which passed over him. His left arm was badly crushed, and his forehead and both feet were also badly injured. Dr. Munro attended him, and ordered his removal to the Royal Infirmary, where it was found necessary to amputate his left arm. 

– Wishaw Press, Saturday 2nd June, 1900, p.2.



   Considerable consternation was occasioned among the officials at Edzell Railway Station on the arrival of the 11.20 a.m. goods train on Saturday, when it was observed that one of the trucks was on fire. As soon as the train was brought to a stand-still, steps were taken to have the flames, which were then burning fiercely, extinguished, and the truck was shunted back to the watering station where the large hose used for filling the engine boiler was turned upon it, and the fire was soon got out. When the train left Inchblane, about three miles from Edzell everything was in order, and it is conjectured that a spark from the engine had fallen upon the waggon and ignited it. The contents which were of a miscellaneous character, were of considerable value, and have been practically all destroyed either by fire or water. 

– Aberdeen Press and Journal, Monday 4th June, 1900, p.2.



   A Sheriff’s inquiry was held at Greenock this afternoon respecting the railway accident at Inchgreen, on 13th May, when four men were killed by a runaway engine going over an embankment. John Laurie, signalman, admitted sending the engine down the branch line towards the dock. He did not know its destination, but assumed that it was going to dock. The driver did not give the proper signal when passing the cabin, and he should have seen that the danger signal on the main line was against him. The jury found that the men met their death by an engine going over the embankment. 

– Dundee Evening Post, Monday 4th June, 1900, p.5.

   ELGIN – FATALITY ON THE RAILWAY. – On Thursday, on the Highland Railway near Elgin, John Sutherland, about sixty, quarry worker, residing in Elgin, who was walking on the line, was struck by a train approaching the station from the Keith direction and instantaneously killed. Sutherland was somewhat deaf, and had not apparently heard the approaching train. He leaves a widow and grown-up family. 

Banffshire Journal and General Advertiser, Tuesday 5th June, 1900, p.6.


   James Watt, surfaceman, aged about 50 years, residing at Wardhouse, was on Tuesday run over by the 11.45 forenoon goods train from Keith, about 1¾ miles north of Insch. Returning from taking a drink at a neighbouring pump, he failed to observe the approaching train or the warning signs of his companions at a distance. He was decapitated, and the body otherwise mangled. Dr Mitchell, Old Rain, was immediately summoned, but, of course, could do nothing. The circumstances are rendered doubly sad by his wife having been bedridden for years. The youngest of their two of a family is 13. Deceased has resided in the district for a considerable time. 

– Dundee Evening Telegraph, Wednesday 6th June, 1900, p.3.

   ACCIDENT TO AN EXCURSIONIST. – Saturday being the annual trade holiday in Motherwell, some 12,000 to 14,000 left the town in the forenoon. Messrs Colville’s Dalzell Iron and Steel Works sent four trains to Inverness. On the return journey David Walkinshaw, miner, Thorn Street, looked out of a window when the train was running between Cumbernauld and Greenhill Junction. It is stated his head came in contact with a bridge. He lay in an unconscious state till the arrival at Motherwell Station, when he was examined by Dr. Kay. He sustained a compound fracture of the skull, and was sent to the Royal Infirmary. There is little hope of his recovery. 

– Kirkintilloch Herald, Wednesday 6th June, 1900, p.4.

   FATAL RAILWAY ACCIDENT. – A brakesman named Henry Quinn, twenty-five years of age, unmarried, and residing in North Orchard Street, Motherwell, was killed while engaged at shunting operations at Galsburgh, on the Caledonian Railway. He was crushed between the buffers of two waggons. He was a native of County Down, and had no relatives in Motherwell. 

Greenock Telegraph and Clyde Shipping Gazette, Thursday 7th June, 1900, p.3.


   Yesterday afternoon a labourer named Joseph Hill, who resides in Mill Street, attempted to commit suicide on the Glasgow and South-Western Railway near the Cartsburn signal box, but he was fortunately prevented from doing so. Hill, it appears, had been sitting on a wall near the Cartsburn siding for some time, but was closely watched by two companions, who had some doubts as to his intentions. On the approach of a train proceeding towards Princes Pier Station, he suddenly jumped down off the wall, and laid himself across the rails, evidently with the object of letting the engine and carriages pass over him. His companions, however, quickly removed him from the line, and had him out of danger before the train came up. Hill was afterwards taken into custody. 

– Greenock Telegraph and Clyde Shipping Gazette, Friday 8th June, 1900, p.2.

   FATAL ACCIDENT. – At Campsie on Saturday afternoon, an old man named James Forsyth, a platelayer on the North British Railway, was struck by a passing engine and killed almost instantaneously. 

   FATAL RAILWAY ACCIDENT AT ALLOA. – On Saturday evening a fatal accident occurred on the railway line to the west of Alloa, leading to the Alloa Bridge across the Forth. When the 5.38 train from Alloa was approaching the signal cabin on the north side of the river, the signalman noticed the door of one of the carriages open, and stopped the train. The compartment was empty, but on an examination of the line the body of an elderly man was found lying in the six-foot way at a point near Longcarse farm, on the outskirts of Alloa. From traces on the line it seems deceased had got out of the carriage to recover his hat, which had fallen out further along the line. Deceased had in his possession a ticket from Tillicoultry to Glasgow. Later in the evening the deceased was identified as James Dickie, Whitevale, Glasgow (a widower between sixty and seventy), who had been to Tillicoultry visiting friends. 

– The Scotsman, Monday 11th June, 1900, p.8.

   MAN FALLS FROM A TRAIN. – An Accident was reported to the Clackmannan police at Alloa on Saturday. As the 5.38 P.M. train from Alloa to Glasgow was passing Longcarse Junction one of the passengers – an old man – was seen to fall from one of the carriages and was dragged along the line for a distance of about 25 yards. The train was stopped, but when the man was picked up life was extinct. Deceased had in his possession a paper bearing the address, “Hugh Steel, Hurlford, Galston Road, Chapel Cottage.” It was written in this inverse order. He had the half return of a ticket entitling him to travel from Tillicoultry to Glasgow, Queen Street. We have since learned that the unfortunate man’s name is Dickie and his family – four daughters and one son – reside in Whiteinch, Glasgow. The address found in his possession was that of a friend. 

– Devon Valley Tribune, Tuesday 12th June, 1900, p.3.

   MAN KILLED ON THE RAILWAY AT MOTHERWELL. – A man of about thirty, apparently an ironworker or craneman, was last night found dead on the Caledonian Railway between Clydesdale and Motherwell. He had apparently been knocked down by a train while walking along the line. 

– Edinburgh Evening News, Wednesday 13th June, 1900, p.4.

   Serious Accident. – An accident of a serious nature occurred to a little boy, son of Mr Bain, farmer, Hill of Ashogle, yesterday afternoon, whereby his left leg was broken and his head severely cut. The accident took place at a level crossing on the railway on the farm when the 3.15 p.m. train from Macduff was passing. Two carts were crossing the line as the train came up, and but for the driver being able to slow up the train the probability is that the accident would have been far more serious. The boy in question was walking behind the last cart, and his father, who was in charge, observing that an accident was imminent, jumped off his cart, caught his son, and threw him on to the embankment clear of the train. The boy rolled down, however, in front of the wheel of the cart, which passed over him. The engine grazed the rear of the last cart, without, however, doing much injury. The train was brought to a standstill, and the injured boy and his father were taken to Turriff, where the boy’s injuries were attended to by Dr Wallace, and he was afterwards conveyed home. 

– Aberdeen Press and Journal, Wednesday 13th June, 1900, p.3.

   FATAL ACCIDENT. – On Saturday afternoon an old man named Jacob Forsyth, surfacemen, residing at Craighead, Milton, was killed on the railway at the level crossing at Muckcroft. He had gone on duty at one o’clock on Saturday afternoon, and had proceeded as far as the level crossing already mentioned, when it is thought he had been overtaken with illness, and had sat down upon the rails to rest. The 1.35 train from Blanefield was about due, and as the driver rounded the curve at the Alum Works he observed the old man on the line. He whistled and otherwise tried to attract his attention, as well as shutting off the steam, but Forsyth either did not hear or was unable to rise, and the train not being pulled up in time, struck him and threw him on to the other line of rails. It was not going at any great speed then, as it was drawn up some 30 yards further on. Forsyth was lifted into the guard’s van in an unconscious condition. He had been struck on the side of the head, but his injuries were not of the kind that railway accidents usually are. He was taken to his home, and Dr Naismith was called in, but within an hour the old man succumbed. The doctor expressed the opinion that had he been a young man, the injuries would probably not have proved fatal, and that death was as much due to shock of the nervous system as to anything else. Forsyth had been for a long period of years in the railway service, and was approaching 70 years of age. He leaves a wife with whom deep sympathy is expressed, but he had no family. 

– Kirkintilloch Herald, Wednesday 13th June, 1900, p.5.

   RAILWAY ACCIDENT. – Neil McConnell (19), surfaceman, Burnbank, while working on the up loop line at Strathaven Junction, on the Caledonian Railway, was on Tuesday run down by a mineral train. The engine, six waggons, and van passed over him, severing his left leg below the knee, mangling his right hand, and injuring his thigh. He was sent on to Glasgow Royal Infirmary. 

– The Scotsman, Thursday 14th June, 1900, p.7.





   Yesterday afternoon, about half-past two o’clock, while the 2.20 Deeside suburban train, which had just discharged is passengers, was being shunted back into No. 2 dock at Aberdeen Joint Passenger Station, the carriages, after receiving the necessary impetus from the engine, ran into the station, and, having too much way, dashed violently into the buffer end of the dock. The first carriage crashed through the lavatory which is erected at this point, and almost entirely demolished the structure, the carriage rearing upwards on top of the wreckage, and remaining in this position, while the one which followed assumed a similar position in the rear. The other carriages, however, remained on the metals. Although there were no passengers on board the train there were, unfortunately, several persons in the lavatory at the time of the accident. These included a number of young men who were bound for the Northern Co-operative Company’s picnic at Murtle, and when the first carriage crashed into the frail structure, two of them were knocked violently to the ground by the falling timbers, and sustained severe injuries. One of them – Ernest Bruce (16), son of the police-sergeant at Huntly – was severely bruised about the back, and cut about the face and head. He was conveyed to the waiting room, and was immediately attended to by Dr Ogilvie Will. After having his wounds dressed, Bruce was removed to the Royal Infirmary in the ambulance. Another young man, Angus Martin, who resides at 58 Castle Street, climbed over the top of some wreckage, and was assisted into a cab by several of his companions. He had an exceedingly narrow escape from being choked. He was fixed by the neck among the debris, and only after considerable difficulty did he manage to extricate himself and climb over the ruins of the lavatory. A third lad, who was but slightly injured, escaped in a similar manner. 

   Station Superintendent Duguid was quickly on the spot when the crash was heard, and supervised the work of removing the injured men from the wreckage, and rendered first aid. He then had Bruce placed on the stretcher and conveyed by a squad of the Joint Station Ambulance Class to the Infirmary, as already indicated. Bruce, while being removed, although he appeared to be suffering considerable pain, kept up his spirits. Mr W. W. Rintoul, North British agent, and Mr John Macgregor, Caledonian Railway Company, were also assiduous in rendering assistance to the injured. Deputy Chief Constable Anderson and Inspector Goodall, with a staff of police, were early on the scene, and kept back the large crowd which had by this time gathered. 

   About a quarter to four o’clock the railway officials succeeded in getting the carriages clear of the lavatory building, and the effect of this step was to render still more evident the great extent of the damage. The buffer end of the line was completely torn up, and a long stretch of railing had been wrenched away. As regards the lavatory itself, more than half had been torn completely open, and the officials were kept busily engaged in removing the debris, now fit for nothing but firewood. The entire removal of the wrecked building was effected before eight o’clock, and it may well be regarded as doubtful whether, after so serious an accident, such an erection will again be placed upon the same site. Mr W Deuchar, passenger superintendent of the Great North, was exceedingly active in superintending the work of officials in clearing away the wreckage, and Mr J. Sim, train clerk, also rendered effective assistance. The breakdown squad, under the charge of Mr James Morrison, were summoned by telephone from Kittybrewster, and their services were promptly available. 


   That the train rushed along with unusual velocity is clearly shown by the havoc that has been caused, and by the position in which the rearmost carriage stood after the accident. How the occupants of the lavatory escaped with their lives is almost inexplicable. One of the railway servants who energetically assisted to rescue them says it was “simply a miracle,” and this is precisely the view that thrusts itself upon anyone who gives even a casual glance at the wreckage. Future inquiry will no doubt disclose the cause of the accident. Disastrous as have been the consequences, it is cause for congratulation that no lives were lost. 

– Aberdeen Press and Journal, Thursday 14th June, 1900, p.2.



   On Saturday a sad fatality happened on the Great North of Scotland Railway. A boy of ten years joined the 11 forenoon mail at Buckie for Cullen. On the train leaving Cullen, a porter saw him unable to get out and crying. He fell out on the north side of the line just beyond Glassaugh, and was killed. He was picked up by a surfaceman and taken by next train to Portsoy, where he was identified in the afternoon as Joseph Smith (“Latin”), son of Mrs Joseph Addison, Portessie. The body was taken home by the half-past six train. 

– Stonehaven Journal, Thursday 14th June, 1900, p.2.



   THE Government Blue Book giving the Board of Trade returns of Railway Accidents during the year 1899 has been issued. It shows a considerable increase on the previous year of persons killed and injured. It is perhaps too soon yet to say what effect the Workman’s Compensation Act will have on the number of accidents, but it is a curious fact that the trades to which it applies are complaining of an increase of accidents. A Compensation Act must, in the first place, aim at reducing accidents, and, in the second place, compensate for injury done. Its main purpose must be to save life. Can it be possible that the Compensation Act is going to fail in this, its primary purpose? We hope not. The Blue Book shows that last year 1240 persons were killed and 7105 injured on the railways of the United Kingdom, bring an increase on the previous year of 61 killed and 762 injured, the greatest increase being amongst railway servants. In the detailed list of killed and injured there are some curious figures given, for example, 131 persons committed suicide and other 13 who tried to do so and failed, were injured; 313 were killed and 139 injured while trespassing on the line; 60 were killed and 22 injured at level crossings. It is, however, the railway servants that swell the total, 531 being killed and 4633 injured. When we remember that this heavy loss is an annual one we begin to realize the necessity for something being done at once to minimise it as much as possible. If all these were lost on a battle-field in South Africa, what an outcry there would be, and here we have at home a bloodier field than the battle-field and very little said about it. 

Motherwell Times, Friday 15th June, 1900, p.2.









   Shortly before twelve o’clock to-day an alarming accident occurred at Perth General Station, which, but for the prompt action of an engine-driver, might have had serious consequences. The goods train from Perth North to Perth South was standing at the back of the Perth General Station on the up-goods loop awaiting the signal from the N.B. Junction at the south end of the station when an engine and van were returning from Perth Goods North to the N.B. Locomotive Shed. 

   At the point where the rear of the goods train was standing it was impossible for the driver to see more than 50 yards, and as the N.B. engine was running tender first it was almost on the goods train before the driver noticed anything wrong. He at once applied the brake, but the engine went crash into the rear of the goods van, in which was James Davie, Caledonian goods guard, residing at 15 Whitefriars Street, Dovecotland. Davie sustained a very severe scalp wound and lost a great quantity of blood. He was attended on the spot by Mr J. D. Smith and Mr P. Durward, of the station ambulance corps. The injured man was afterwards removed to the infirmary. 

   The impact was such as to smash the end of the good van, and a part of the van went right through the side of the engine tender. A hole was made in the tank, and the water at once rushed out. 

   Fortunately the carriages kept the rails, otherwise the accident might have been more serious. 

– Dundee Evening Post, Saturday 16th June, 1900, p.3.

   Railway Fireman Killed. – Sheriff Macleod and a jury held a fatal accident’s inquiry at Linlithgow on Monday concerning the death of David Caldwell Miller, fireman, 28 years of age, Keppockhill, Cowlairs, Glasgow. According to the evidence, the deceased was fireman on the engine of a good’s train running between Sighthill and Perth on the night of 15th May last, and between Winchburgh Junction and Dalmeny Station. Miller had gone on the top of the tender for the fire cleaners in order to have the fire of the engine cleaned on arriving at Dalmeny Station, and was killed while passing under the Humbie Bridge, his head having come in contact therewith. The driver of the train is very deaf, and when being examined as one of the witnesses at the inquiry the Procurator Fiscal had to shout into his ear, whereupon one of the jurymen asked his Lordship if it was competent for the North British Railway Company to employ any person, as an engine driver, who was defective in hearing. The Sheriff – That is a very interesting point, but this Court, I am afraid, has got nothing to do with the engine driver. The jury found that death was caused by the deceased’s head coming in violent contact with the bridge under which the train was travelling. 

– West Lothian Courier, Saturday 16th June, 1900, p.5.



   A young man, named Alexander Murray, engine-cleaner, was accidentally run down by a goods engine in the yard of Inverness Railway Station to-day. He was removed to the Infirmary, where his injuries were found to be of a very serious character. His head is badly damaged, and his right foot is almost cut off, while his right leg is broken at the knee. He is in a very low condition. Murray is 16 years of age, and has been only three months in the employment of the Highland Railway. 

– Dundee Evening Telegraph, Tuesday 19th June, 1900, p.5.




   yesterday a sad fatality occurred on the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway near the new station at the Stannergate, near Dundee, a mason’s labourer named James Carlin, who resided at 29 Blackness Square, having been killed. It appears that Carlin had been working near the east end platform, where a signal cabin is being erected. He had occasion to proceed along the side of the down line, but unfortunately failed to hear the approach of the 7 a.m. train from Dundee to Forfar, with the result that the buffer of the engine struck him with considerable force. So violent was the blow that the unfortunate man was thrown against a bridge and sustained very severe injuries; in fact, the man’s death occurred almost immediately after the accident, his head being terribly smashed. Information of the accident was sent to the railway officials at Broughty Ferry, and a medical gentleman was sent to the spot, but his services were not required. Carlin, who was about 55 years of age, was married, and is survived by a widow and four of a family. He was very well liked amongst his fellow workmen, and his sudden end cast quite a gloom over them. 

– Dundee Courier, Saturday 23rd June, 1900, p.6.



   A sad sequel to the railway smash which took place at the Perth General Station on Saturday last has to be recorded. It will be remembered that a North British goods engine and van crashed into the rear of a goods train standing at the back of the Perth General Station, as a result of which Mr James Davie, Caledonian Goods Guard, residing at 15 Whitefriars Street, Dovecotland, Perth, was injured. Mr Davie received a very severe scalp wound, and was removed to the Royal Infirmary, but a day or two ago he was taken to his home in Dovecotland. The injured man gradually sank, and passed away last night. 

– Dundee Evening Post, Saturday 23rd June, 1900, p.5.



   Walter Chisholm, a young labourer employed in the Highland Railway Locomotive works, was severely injured this morning near the Inverness Station. While engaged in the operation of placing a number of waggon springs on the tender of the engine he fell from the tender, a distance of 15 feet, his back striking the edge of the station platform, rendering him unconscious. He was removed to the Northern Infirmary in an ambulance waggon. 

– Dundee Evening Post, Monday 25th June, 1900, p.5.


   On Saturday night a little girl had the misfortune to fall from passenger train between Coatdyke and Sunnyside, on the North British Railway. She was picked up in an unconscious condition, and removed home in the Coatbridge ambulance waggon. The girl’s name is Mary Ann Humes, residing at Carrick Street, Coatbridge. 

– Dundee Evening Telegraph, Monday 25th June, 1900, p.3.

   Accident. – Yesterday, while Robert Gillespie, shoemaker, residing in St Mary Street, was crossing the railway near the Dundee and Arbroath Joint Railway goods shed, he was run down by some waggons which were being shunted, with the result that the wheels of the waggons passed over his left leg, thereby breaking it above the knee. Dr Kell, who attended the man, ordered his removal to the Infirmary. 

– Dundee Courier, Tuesday 26th June, 1900, p.6.




   At an early hour this morning John Craig, for many years employed on the North British Railway as gatekeeper at Broomfield Junction, Montrose, died at his house in North Esk Road from the effects of injuries received in shunting operations there on Tuesday. He was standing on the six-foot way when, after being warned by Kenneth McKenzie, guard of the goods train that he was too near, he was struck on the right hand and side by the footboard of the engine and knocked to the ground. With the assistance of a surfaceman named John Walker he was able to walk home, where Dr key attended him. His right hand, which was cut, was dressed, and although he complained of internal injuries, it was thought that up to last night he was making satisfactory progress. Shortly after midnight, however, his condition changed for the worse, and he passed away somewhat suddenly at 12.30. John, as he was familiarly called, was well known in the district, especially amongst railway servants, in whose ranks he was a veteran, his connection with the railway extending over a period of 52 years. He was 76 years of age, and a native of Brechin. His wife predeceased him a considerable time ago, and he leaves a grown-up family. 

– Dundee Evening Telegraph, Thursday 28th June, 1900, p.3.


   News was received in Inverness late last night of a sad accident at Moy Station, on the Aviemore and Inverness section of the Highland Railway, by which Mr John Beattie, stationmaster, was instantaneously killed. Mr Beattie was in the act of crossing the line to gain the down platform just as the mail train due at Inverness at 8.50 p.m. was entering the station. He attempted to mount the platform, but failed, and, losing his footing, fell back on the line in front of the engine. When picked up he was found to be quite dead, his head being dreadfully crushed. Deceased, who had been 12 years in the Highland Railway employment, leaves a widow and two of a family. 

– Dundee Evening Telegraph, Saturday 30th June, 1900, p.5.

2 thoughts on “June 1900

Leave a Reply